as per the NGO ALLIANCE’s Statutes
1) The NGO ALLIANCE comprises:
- a) Full Member: NGO in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations, is a member in good standing, can join a NGO Forum, has a voting right;
- b) Associate Member: NGO aligned with the purposes of the NGO ALLIANCE, with competences working on thematic or substantive issues related to specific areas of work of the United Nations, is a member in good standing, can join a NGO Forum;
- c) Advisory Member: NGO or individual with specific thematic and substantive expertise. Can be suggested by a Full or Associated member or by the Board .
- d) Members with Observer status: NGO considering NGO ALLIANCE or NGO Forum membership or visiting NGOs.
2) Requests to become a member must be addressed to the Board. The Board admits new members and informs the General Assembly accordingly. Once approved, each member NGO will confirm in writing the person/s that will act as its representative/s
3) Associate, Advisory and Observer status members can not vote or take part in elections.
Link to…About the NGO Alliance on Global Concerns
Read on… Why we created the NGO Alliance on Global Concerns
More on… Joining Forces
More about… the UN Office at Geneva
Read about… our thematic NGO Forums
Link to… the NGO Forum on Environment / FOE / Mission
Link to… the NGO Forum on Spirituality and Values / FSV