as per the NGO ALLIANCE’s Statutes
1) Any NGO may request NGO ALLIANCE membership if they:
- a) are a NGO in consultative status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations;
- b) have demonstrated their dedication to the goals of the NGO ALLIANCE through their commitments and actions;
- c) have paid their membership dues; and
- d) are not employed by the NGO ALLIANCE.
2) The founding members as per the NGO ALLIANCE’s deed of incorporation are the initial full members of the NGO ALLIANCE.
3) Full membership and associate membership commences upon confirmation by the Board.
4) Full membership and associate membership ceases on the date on which a member resigns, or is removed, for just cause, from his or her functions, with a right to appeal. Appeals must be lodged within 30 days of the Board’s decision being notified.
5) Full members and associate members will automatically be suspended from membership after one year of non-payment of dues and will have its membership terminated in case of non-payment of dues over two years. The Board will notify the member six months prior to the termination.
6) Full members and associate members may resign from the NGO ALLIANCE at any time by notifying the Board in writing. In all cases the membership fee for the current year remains due.
7) Membership ceases in the case of dissolution of the NGO ALLIANCE or of the member organization.
8) Members who have resigned or who are excluded have no rights to any part of the NGO ALLIANCE’s assets.